Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome Baby Lauren Grace J

Stats: 7lbs, 12oz, 19 inches long, born 1/20/2010 at 5:08am

Daddy J helping me through labor. We got to the hospital and I was already at 8cm. We did it with no pain meds and no epidural. It was painful, but amazing and I'd do it again... but not right away. I used the birth ball a lot and my 'pain relief' was constant movement (rocking, swaying, deep breathing and low vocalization). I was in labor for around 19 hours; active labor lasted from around 8pm-4am and pushing went from around 4am-5am.:
Lauren at the hospital:




My amazing husband with Lauren. Couldn't have done it without him ;). He was an awesome labor support... comforting me, cheering me on and reassuring me. He's an amazing daddy too.

Lauren in her bassinet.
Aunt Katie with Lauren on Aunt Katie's 25th birthday:

Grandpa Bob with Lauren:
Grandma Bonnie with Lauren:

Lauren at home:



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful. Pray that she will be a good sleeper for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo happy for you guys.
    She is truly a blessing.
    Tiny little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful Anna! Good Job!!! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous! I am so happy for you all. Can't wait to hear about your first few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is too cute! You are a stud for not using pain meds!! What were her stats??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Matt and Anna!
    just beautiful!
    Grace and deep abiding peace!
    Rick and Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe that? She's actually SMILING for the camera!! Good thing she lives so close to Warner Bros. studios. She is "ready for her close-up, Mr. DeMille".
    She is absolutely gorgeous!
    Aunt Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches long. born 1/20/2010 at 5:08am. I was in labor for around 19 hours; active labor lasted from around 8pm-4am and pushing went from around 4am-5am.

    ReplyDelete