Monday, January 11, 2010

38 Weeks!

This week I will have an 'exam' at the doctor's office and I guess he'll check to see if my body is getting ready for labor. I think this will include checking if I'm dilated at all. I've heard of some people being dilated to 3 or 5 cm before even going into labor. Wouldn't that be nice!

I'm definitely feeling anxious and emotional about this. My husband has been taking excellent care of me and I know this whole process has deepened our love for one another.

The baby feels bigger when she moves and kicks inside of me. She also feels more centered in my body. For most of the pregnancy, she favored my right side, but now she is centered.

Last night I made a gift bag of Trader Joe's treats for the nurses who will be helping us at Glendale Memorial Hospital Labor and Delivery. I've also started packing my bag. It's so strange and amazing to be packing a little hat, socks, blankets and clothes for my little baby. I don't know how big she'll be and I found out that the size designations don't always match up with how big the clothes are. I have a tiny little white onesie for her and I think it may be too small for her... so I'll bring something a bit bigger too.

Today I watched the "Happiest Baby on the Block" video where I learned how to use the 5 S method to calm a crying baby. Swaddle, Side Laying, Shussing (white noise), Swinging, Sucking. It was very helpful!

I'll sign off with this video I just watched on You Tube. It made me cry and was inspiring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuM8dzDcraI

Through the anxiety of the unknown... I'm trying to give all of my anxious thoughts and feelings over to the Lord and trust Him for this big event coming up. I want to be more faithful to pray for the day this all takes place. I especially want to pray for the baby's health and safe delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment