Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bradley Husband-Coached Childbirth Classes starts tomorrow!

I'm really excited about starting the Bradley Husband Coached Childbirth classes tomorrow. Our teacher, Kathy Killebrew, was highly recommended to me by 3 couples from our church. She teaches in Pasadena and La Canada. On a sad note, my hubby went out of town today for 2 or 3 weeks for a trial in Norfolk, VA. I'm so sad that he is gone. We've never been apart for this long. (Both of us realize that this amount of time is nothing compared with what our troops have to go through when deployed... I can't imagine being apart from my spouse for a year or more like our troops go through.) When I first moved to California I lived alone for 2.5 years so I know what it is like to live alone. Life is just much better when he is here. I eat better (I cook more), I laugh more, I sleep better, and I just feel better when we are together. I think I might be sad tomorrow to attend the first class by myself, but I'm good at writing "meeting minutes" and will send him the info he needs to know to 'coach' me during delivery. And the class runs for 10 weeks so he'll get a good chunk of the classes. Classes are Sunday's from 1-3:30pm... so he is having to DVR the football games on Sunday (we love DVR). Baby J is keeping me company by kicking me periodically to remind me that there is a sweet baby on the way. I love the fact that I'm carrying around my hubby's genetic information. I'm so thankful to the Lord for the blessings he has given me. I know that my Heavenly Father is always with me and always desires a relationship with me so I'm never really alone.

Kathy Killebrew's info:
Kathy Killebrew, B.A., C.C.E., Birth Doula 1986-2000
Empowering birthing couples for 27 years
626-797-7833
empower4birth@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment