Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 28

I pinpointed where the pain in my back is coming from. It is in the center of the thoracic portion of my back on the right hand side. You can feel a piece of hardware (maybe a hook?) in that location. Good news is that I think thoracic pain isn't as bad as lumbar pain... and I have minimal lumbar (lower back) pain. My body is getting used to all this extra weight in front!

Week 27 doctors appointment went great. Good blood tests, good weight gain (6 pounds in 4 weeks), good belly measurements, good heartbeat. I go back at 30 weeks for another checkup and then again at 32 weeks for an ultrasound. I haven't had an ultrasound since 18 weeks. I think the 32 week ultrasound is to check the baby's weight (according to my Bradley teacher, ultrasounds are not very accurate at predicting/measuring weight) and probably look at the baby's position. A friend at church said her baby didn't turn until 38 weeks. I think I'll ask at the 30 week appointment if the 32 week ultrasound is necessary. In any case, I'll ask him to make it a quick one!

Week 28:

No comments:

Post a Comment