Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lauren is 3 Weeks Old!

We stopped at the tennis courts on a walk with Lauren. Mommy and daddy love tennis so we will definitely be teaching Lauren how to play.:

We saw this horse on our walk. We live in the rancho equestrian neighborhood so it isn't uncommon to see horses on a walk in our neighborhood:

Daddy and Lauren are so precious to mommy:

Lauren's first trip to Starbucks (we stayed outside while daddy ordered):
The swaddle and football hold:
Lauren's first walk in the neighborhood with mommy:
Lauren and tired mommy:

Tomorrow, Lauren turns 3 weeks old. I just finished feeding her and now I'm hoping she'll make it for her 3 hour stretch at night. During the day, I feed her and then count 2 hours from the end of her feeding until the beginning of her next feeding. At night, our lactation consultant (Roxy Sims at Glendale Memorial Hospital - we LOVE Roxy) said we could wait 3 hours from the end of her feeding until the beginning of her next feeding. This extra hour (usually turns into less than an hour) helps me get more rest. But last night little Lauren was up from 1am until around 3:30am... fussy and awake.

I need to hop into bed (I was going to twice, but when I set Lauren in her bassinet, she squirmed and complained), but I want to quickly jot down some thoughts on these first three weeks.

* I love our lactation consultant. She has really helped me with nursing properly and she has been an encouragement from day 1. I had 3 free consultation appointments after checking out of the hospital and I've gone to 2 appointments. One more left before Lauren turns 6 weeks. Roxy has helped me with the proper latch, weighing the baby before and after feeding to make sure she is getting enough milk (she is... 3 ounces the first apt and 2.7 ounces the second apt), understanding why they can be fussy at the breast (growth spurts), understanding diaper rash...

Lauren in her "milk coma" and mommy burping her:


* I'm really tired. Really, really tired at night, but very, very happy when morning comes and my husband is home and we can all hang out at home as a family. It's just more lonely in the middle of the night with a sometimes fussy newborn.

* My husband has been able to take a lot of days of and we absolutely love being home together just hanging out and watching sports - the Kings (hockey), the Lakers, and the Super Bowl. We are teaching Lauren about sports early. Watching sports is a relaxing past time for me and something I can share with my husband.

My baby is sleeping so I'm going to write more later!! I'm off to bed.

OK, I'm back and it's the next day at around 11am. Lauren eats again at 11:30am so I have a few minutes to write in. Lauren had a good night of sleeping last night (I was so happy about that). My thoughts are scattered so I'll stop writing and post some pictures and videos instead:

No comments:

Post a Comment