Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Little Sweetie is Growing Up!

Cute sleepy face & extra chubby cheeks:

At the Bridgeport pool when my mom was visiting:
Daddy loves me so much and he is so fun to play with:
I can grab my giraffe's leg and put his foot in my mouth!



My baby's precious 'sleepy' hand:

Asleep in my crib. Hello chubby cheeks!

My whale bath tub... lots of fun.


My daddy is the best:
Carla, Veronica and Lauren:
With mom at the park:
First time sitting 'big-girl' style in my stroller. I laughed the whole time mommy strolled me up and down Riverside Drive.

I've spent the last week alone at home with my little girl while my husband is working long hours in Switzerland. Hopefully the volcanic ash from Iceland won't postpone his trip home. My mother-in-law came over 3 days this week to help me and I'm so thankful for that.

My focus this week was to learn more about my little girl's sleep patterns, what she needs (sleep-wise), and how to best prepare her for bedtime. We have made improvements since the beginning of the week. Tonight, although she woke up 2 times after I put her down (hopefully that was the last of the wake ups), there was really no crying or fussiness. This was our routine tonight:

*Last nap ended at around 4pm (I've been putting her in her crib at the first signs of sleepiness (usually yawns) and a few minutes later she sleeps... I also use nursing sometimes to help her fall asleep to nap)
*Nap/nurse at around 5:30pm (she rests and takes a long time nursing)
*Bath at around 7:20pm
*Nursing to sleep and in crib by 8:15pm
*Wake up #1 8:30pm (nursed back to sleep)
*Wake up #2 8:45pm (nursed back to sleep)

I don't mind nursing her back to sleep at night as long as she doesn't wake up too many times to do it - for her sake - I want her to get some good sleep! She usually only wakes up one time in the middle of the night (around 3am) to eat and she has been going right back to sleep.

I'm having bad dreams as usual... a plane crash and a car crash are the most recent dreams. I'm copying down scripture to help me battle my anxious mind. Here is one:

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." from Psalm 16

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me... Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment