Thursday, December 24, 2009

California Christmas 09


I just went on a walk around the neighborhood across the street from our condo. It is around 2pm and in the high 60s with humidity of 20%... beautiful. Daddy J is at work and I have a few things to do at home before the Christmas festivities begin. First, I wanted to post a few pictures that I'll title "A California Christmas". I do not have a permanent home where I grew up because I'm an airforce 'brat'. We went to three different high schools and after I left home for college, my parents made another move from Texas to Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is a nice place to visit, but I didn't grow up there. I didn't really grow up anywhere specific... I grew up all over the place... but if I had to choose one place, I guess it'd have to be Texas (San Antonio, Georgetown, and Del Rio).

Well, I'm so very happy that I've now placed roots in California. My husband was born and raised here. My husband's parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins (most of them) not only live in California, but they live just a few minutes drive away. We will be spending Christmas Eve with Grandma J and the J side of the family first, then with the Briasco/Cragnotti side of the family for dessert, then at Emmanuel EV Free church for Christmas Eve service. We'll spend Christmas at Bob and Bonnie's (my in-laws) also with Katie (my sis-in-law) and then Christmas dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Briasco's with our Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. I definitely married into a family with strong family ties and traditions... and I count it a blessing!

These pictures were all taken on Christmas Eve, 2009:
Hubby and I pick lemons from this tree... you can see the Warner Bros building ahead and the street sign is "California St":


Love California Palm Trees:


A beautiful, sunny Christmas Eve on one of my favorite tree lined streets:


This looks similar to some of the hills hubby and I like to hike in:


We have trees that change colors in the fall:


Pictures of the fruit trees I see on my walk around the neighborhood:








A picture of our condo building:

No comments:

Post a Comment